What Does Car Insurance Cover?
Nationwide car insurance can cover you for accidents involving other vehicles, vandalism, weather, animals, bodily injuries and more. As a Nationwide member, you can select the coverage you get because our policies are customizable – you can choose the auto insurance policies that suit your lifestyle. You can have peace of mind knowing Nationwide will provide you and your car with great protection on the road.
Look at the various coverage types below to find out which one is right for you.
- Liability Coverage, also known as “property damage/bodily injury.” It can help cover expenses from damaging a vehicle to injuring a person in an accident.
- Collision coverage can help pay for damage to your car after an accident involving another vehicle.
- Comprehensive also known as full coverage auto insurance, comprehensive coverage can help pay for damage to your car from vandalism, weather events and accidents involving animals.
Vanishing Deductible is an optional feature that allows you to earn $100 off your deductible for each year of safe driving, up to $500. Your deductible could vanish completely! Let’s say you have a $500 deductible. After three years of safe driving with Vanishing Deductible, you’ll earn a $300 credit. If you have an accident, you’d pay just $200 toward your deductible before your insurance starts to cover any damages.
And if you’re involved in an accident, your deductible is reset back to $100 off.
Uninsured Motorist insurance coverage helps protect you and your vehicle from uninsured drivers and hit-and-run accidents.
Underinsured Motorist insurance helps protect you from drivers who do not have enough insurance to cover the costs of an accident.
Medical Payments Coverage is Mandatory in some states, Med Pay coverage can help cover medical costs related to an accident, regardless of who is at fault. In addition, personal injury protection can help defray costs from medical bills and lost wages as the result of an accident.
Personal Injury Protection Insurance can help defray costs from medical bills and lost wages as the result of an accident.
Accident Forgiveness - Accidents are hard enough. Learn how you can avoid a rate increase following the first at-fault accident on your policy. In addition, gap insurance coverage can help cover the amount you owe on your new car after an accident.
Roadside Assistance - Get 24/7 emergency help if you need fuel, a tire change, a jumpstart or a tow.
Towing and Labor Insurance - This coverage can reimburse you for a tow and for the labor costs to get your car up and running again.
Rental Reimbursement Insurance - helps pay for a rental car if your own vehicle can’t be driven after an accident.
OEM Endorsement - This coverage helps ensure that your vehicle is repaired with new parts from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), whenever available. If an OEM part is not available, we’ll issue payment based on the fair market value of the new OEM part. Available for vehicles less than 10 years old.
If you’re a boat owner, the right boat insurance can help keep you from paying damages out of pocket if you are involved in an accident. Here are 3 reasons to choose Nationwide Boat Insurance.
- Superior coverage and claims service – provides industry leading protection. And as a member, you’ll be taken care of by our team that is 100% dedicated to servicing powersports.
- Affordable rates and many discounts – Get an even better value with multi-policy discounts, safety course discounts, paid-in-full discounts, and more.
- Get rewarded for your safe boating – With Vanishing Deductible, you get $100 off your deductible for every year of safe boating, until it could vanish completely. This is included at no extra cost. (With the purchase of comprehensive and collision coverage)
Coverage Packages Available
- Liability coverage
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Uninsured coverage
- Medical payments coverage
- On-water towing
- Fishing equipment
- Personal effects
- Roadside assistance
Antique Tractor Insurance - We understand that special things deserve special treatment. And an antique tractor is very special. That’s why Hagerty, the global leader in classic insurance, offers a policy designed specifically for antique tractor owners. You believe in keeping things classic, and so do we.
Classic Car Insurance provides specialized coverage for the unique needs of vintage car collectors. From antique motorcycles to vintage trucks, classic car insurance coverage extends to a wide range of classic vehicles. Guaranteed Value TM Coverage – Our policy guarantees your car’s value, with no depreciation.
- Lower Premiums – Classic Car Insurance is up to 43% lower than standard insurance – so you can protect your investment for less.
- Flexible Usage – allows limited pleasure use with no fixed mileage limits.
- Access to the Experienced Claims Team at Hagerty – The in-house claims team at Hagerty is trained in the art of classic vehicle repairs. Then you insure your classic car with Nationwide, you get access to Hagerty’s claims service.
- Repair Shop of Choice – When it comes to repairing and maintaining your collector car, it’s worth it to be choosy. With Nationwide collector car insurance, you decide who should do the work.
NATIONWIDE Clients - To request Roadside Assistance or to Report a Claim, call: 1-800-421-3535
Disclaimer: Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which control coverage determinations. Such terms may vary by state, and exclusions may apply. Discounts may not be applied to all policy coverages.